Thursday, April 10, 2008

My first tornado

As many of you might have seen in the news a twister came into my town. I think the scientific name is Tornado. At 3:30ish my Mom woke up to the whistling of the tornado passing by our house. She ran upstairs to check on me and Dad was busy finding the news channel. Aunt Wendy woke up and watched me, while Mom and Dad decided if I needed to move downstairs to our utility room so we could all be safe. After gathering up blankets, flashlights, milk, water, radio and our computer Mom came upstairs and got me. I just slept in Mom's arms while the storm passed. Rusty came in the room too. Chloe failed the tornado drill, as she was hiding under the couch. We are fine and our house is fine too. The real damage was found in our backyard. My slide and bike were overturned and my pool was filled with water and leaves, though hours earlier it was empty. Across the street, the houses are missing shingles and the flag poles and street signs are bent and trees were everywhere. Crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!! I am glad everyone was ok . I think all your toys will be fine. You need to have a chat with Chloe about joining the family in the laundry room when Tornadoes come over head. I remember last year around this same time, another one came into town just when I came to visit. Stay safe.
Grandmom