Monday, November 9, 2009

I dress myself

Usually I wake up before my parents and then I come into their room to wake them up too. I'm like a little alarm clock. This morning however, I woke up and Dad was already awake and getting dressed - I guess I wore myself out a little more than I thought over the weekend and overslept today. My parents both looked at me wondering if I would put up a fight getting dressed and going to school......boy were they surprised when I put my arms high in the air smiled and said "it's school time". Then I said "I gotta get my clothes. Be right back. You stay here". A few minutes later I returned with an interesting combination of camo pants and a superhero shirt. Then I ran off again to get my Batman underpants and socks. I've never done this before, but I think my parents were quite happy. I put on my clothes all by myself. (Ok maybe I had a little help getting my pajama shirt off and my superhero shirt on). I was a little confused on the socks as I didn't know the socks were rolled in pairs and I attempted to put on four socks. Dad corrected me and helped me get the socks over my toes and my heels. Mom and Dad were so proud of me. I must admit, I was pretty proud too as I was all smiles looking at myself in the mirror.

Mom and dad didn't get a picture of me in the clothes I picked out, but here is a picture of me a few weeks ago putting my shoes on all by myself. I have gotten pretty good at it and I usually put my shoes on the correct feet (I have a 50/50 shot right?).

No comments: