Monday, September 7, 2009

My weekend with Grandpa B

Grandpa B came to visit me on Thursday. He didn't know what he was in for as it was a long holiday weekend. Here we are playing blankie tag. Tag, you're it.
Oh no, he got Riley.
Ha ha, I got you back. This is actually a picture from the following morning. We played alot of blankie tag.
It looks like I might be hurting him in this picture, but I swear I didn't. It was all fun and games.
See he's up and smiling.
On Friday we went on a tour of Cowboys Stadium. They were getting ready for the OU/BYU football game so it was fun to watch all the set up.
Look at those TVs. You think I could get one for my big boy room.
The three coolest guys in DFW.
View from the press box.
Grandpa B in the party pass area. Tickets are $29 for standing room only in the party zone.
A good look at the field.
Cowboys locker room. Who knows this might be my office one day.
Checking out the new lockers with Dad.
The locker room bathroom.
Still in the locker room, it sure is fancy for a place where people shower and change clothes.
This locker is right next to Tony Romo's. We were about to take a picture in front of it when we got whistled by the tour guide to catch up with the rest of the group. Daddy says 'the man' is always trying to keep us down. Oh well, I guess it gives us a reason to go on the tour again.
In the field level Miller Lite party zone. Mom said no more bars for me until I'm 30.
Checking out the field preparations.
Smiles.
What a view from 50 feet below street level.
Mommy, baby Reed and me.
Grandpa B looking to the heavens....I think he said something like "please let us win a playoff game".
Getting ready for the first college game day of the season at the new stadium.
In less than 24 hours this will be the party zone. Maybe Grandpa B, Daddy and I can sneak away from Mommy and come back to party with the college kids.
The tour was real long and we missed lunch and nap time. Here I am passed out in the car.
I think Grandpa B likes superheroes almost as much as Dad and I. He sure was good at playing Batman, Superman and Joker.
Up, up and away.
Making cookies for Grandpa B.
I'm getting real good at using the spatula.
One for me and one for Grandpa B.
More superhero time.

Going on a walk.
Gotta hold hands to cross the street.
Grandpa B didn't quite get the danger of the alleyways.....come on Grandpa B you gotta run.
Almost home. When we got home we all had ice cream cones. They were so good, though a little messy for me.
At least my hands were pretty clean.
Playing football with Grandpa B. We were watching the OU/BYU game and I wanted to show everyone how good my football skills have gotten.
I was excellent at throwing and amazed everyone with my football catching skills.
Too fast.
On Sunday we went on a little shopping spree to get a new car seat for Daddy's car at Toys R Us/Babies R Us. I'm a wee bit tall (next to some of my classmates I look like a giant) so we had to move up to the next size car seat. Grandpa B, Dad and I played on the side of the store with toys and Mommy got stuck on the side of the store with car seats and boring baby clothes.
I found a train table just like the one at my house.
Grandpa B got me a special treat...a green army man and alien from the movie Toy Story. Guess you can't figure out what movie we watched when we got home?
I had a great time with Grandpa B. There were a few times where Grandpa B could hardly get away to eat without me following him and begging him to keep playing. Mommy and Daddy went to a wedding Sunday night and Grandpa B watched me. We watched a bunch of movies and played. I had a great time and am very sad he had to go back to his house. I love you Grandpa B and can't wait to play with you again real soon.

No comments: