Tuesday, January 15, 2008

So Many Questions



Throughout my extensive travels and adventures during the last 15 months, I've accumulated a list of questions and observations about the world around me. I've asked all the kids at school, but nobody seems to know any of the answers. Can you help me?

Why is it called a "hamburger" when there is no ham in it?

Why does daddy snore so much when he sleeps?

Do cats like to eat jello?

Is play-dough a food group?

Why does Heinz ketchup say "57 varieties"? I only see one variety?

Why does the horn on the bus go “beep, beep, beep”?

What the heck is a ‘Backyardigan’ anyway?

How do lava lamps work?

Why does daddy spend a lot of time yelling at the TV on Sundays?

How did the grapefruit get its name? It doesn’t look like a grape.

Why do fingers and toes wrinkle in the bathtub?

My daddy says the sky is blue because “if it was green, we wouldn’t know when to stop mowing our lawns”. Is this true?

Do dinosaurs make good pets?

How does my mommy always make me feel so much better when I’m sad?

Why is it called “bluetooth”?

Does anybody else’s parents allow them to eat crayons? My parents don’t let me, and I’m thinking about signing a petition to end this cruelty against me.

What is it about banging on pots with wooden spoons that makes me so happy?


Well, thats it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more questions later on.
Love, Riley.

No comments: