Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Zoo!

I've been begging to take Dad to the zoo for a long time. I couldn't wait for him to see the Daddy lions. I got to pick out my own shirt (yes, this time I picked out a short sleeve pajama top. Dad didn't know it was jammies. Silly Dad). Mom packed up a bag full of snacks, sunscreen and hand sanitizer. Then Dad put on our Broncos hats and we were ready to go. We got to the zoo early, but it was already getting a little hot.

I'm ready to see the animals.
Putting on my shades.
Mom and I at the zoo.
zebras...

Come on Dad....let's go see the lions.
Elephants.
Black bears.
Mama lion.
Hi Mama lion.
Playing with the birdy on the stick.
Dad's new best feathered friend.
Looking at the fish....and cooling off under the fans.
We had the whole tank to ourselves.
Smile for the camera....gotta keep Mom happy.
Kangaroos.
The alligator tank.....I swear Daddy and I didn't do it. The caution tape was already up, though we were walking away a little suspiciously.
In reptile world - Mom's favorite....ha ha ha.
A big big big snake.
Playing in kid's land. You have to take off your shoes to play in the tunnels, unfortunately I thought it was like when I get home and I tried to take off my shorts too.
Learning about farm animals.
Snack time.
Chilling with Mom.
Lunch time. As a special treat I also got strawberry ice cream.
Then it was on to the giraffes.
Getting a better look with Dad's help.
Walking with my Dad.
Teaching and learning.
Seeing the koi.
The monkey cage....my favorite part.
Too hot and tired to smile.
When I got back home it was time for more sprinklers to cool down. I tried to go out a la natural, but my parents make me wear clothes in the front yard.
Dad started off wanting to stay dry and Mom stayed inside.
Then she looked out the window and saw Dad running through the sprinklers with me. We were both soaked.

No comments: