Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Balloons and Block Parties

On Monday night, Mom and I ventured out to Central Market as Dad tried to recover from a silly headache. As usual, I got to feed the piggy a quarter and pick out a special treat at the kid's farmer's market table. I almost always pick the apple, and today was no different. Then I picked out a balloon. Today's color was purple. Usually I get a green balloon, so this was quite a treat. Then it's on to produce where I surprised my Mom with all my knowledge. I name it all: watermelon, apples, bananas, grapes, cantaloupe, kiwi and pomegranates. We walked by the fish section, where Mom was eyeing some salmon and I pointed to the fish next to it and said "catfish". Sure enough it was "catfish". Similar to pomegranate, this is something we don't have in our house and is not often said, so my parents aren't quite sure where I picked it up. I was a great little grocery shopper and can't wait to go back again.

Here I am enjoying my special apple treat and balloon.
Eating the yummy apple, and trying not to be embarrassed by my Mom taking pictures of me.
I usually send my Central Market balloons high in the sky so they can fly to Grammie and Pop Pop's house, but it was too dark at night so I kept the balloon until the morning. Before school, I got the balloon and headed outside. One last kiss for the balloon, before it starts it's adventure to League City.
Come on balloon, open the door.
Starting it's slow ascent, Mom was just thankful it still had any helium so it could fly. She's so sweet, she didn't want me to be disappointed, especially before school.
If you look really closely, you will see the little purple dot in between the tree limbs. Hope you like the balloon Grammie.
Dad installed my new car seat. It is very nice for a fast growing boy.
We went to the neighborhood party for National Night Out. It was a little cloudy so there wasn't a bounce house, but we had hot dogs, chips, fruit and cookies. And for entertainment we met some of our neighbors and got to visit with the police officers, firemen and ambulance drivers.
Here's the ambulance, Mom said she hopes I never have to ride in one of these.
Mom and Reed carried around my juice box and chips while I visited each of the fun cars.
Inside the ambulance.
Inside the firetruck. I was quite a hit with the fireman, they loved playing with me and talking with me on the headset. When they asked me my name I said Batman. So much for pretending to be the normal neighbors.
Do I make a good firefighter?
What did you say?
Oh yes, my name is Batman. I love playing in the firetruck. Can I stay here instead of going to bed?
Family picture time.
Ending the day with a walk around the neighborhood.
Mom, Reed and I walking around the neighborhood.
****Mom's favorite part of the party was when I needed to go to the potty, so I ran into a group of people Mom and Dad were talking to and announced that my Daddy needed to go pee pee, as I was a little embarrassed to admit I didn't go pee pee before I left the house.

No comments: