Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Sticking with our Halloween tradition, I got all dressed up and headed up to Plano to Trick or Treat at The Shops at Willowbend and then at Sharon and Jim's house. Can you guess what I was for Halloween?? Yep, Sheriff Woody from Toy Story. Last minute I really wanted to be Bob from Monsters v. Aliens, but Mom couldn't find a costume.
Woo Woo and Matt came all the way up from Austin to Trick or Treat with me. Woo Woo was a beautiful butterfly princess and Matt was a Piggy at my request.
Trick or treating at the mall.
Warming up for a long night of Trick or Treating.
Scoping out the scene.
Getting the hang of this candy thing.
After mastering Trick or Treating at the mall I headed to Sharon and Jim's house.
Aren't we the cutest Trick or Treaters.
Headed off to the houses. I looked at the houses very carefully to make sure we only went to houses with the lights on. I also was very good at limiting the amount of candy I took. Some people would tell me I could take 4 candies, but I said "I just need one". Boy did that make my parents proud.
Pressed the doorbell and waiting patiently.
Saying Trick or Treat with Princess Woo Woo.
How cool is this house?
Matt helps me reach the doorbell.
Headed on to the next house.
Most kids would be scared of the foggy scary house, but not me.
I think Mom was more scared than me.
Headed to a house with Dad. It was really cool to have so many people go Trick or Treating with me, I got to pick someone to go with me to each house.
A few houses left bins of candy out at the door. (This is one of the reasons we love Trick or Treating in this neighborhood, notice how the bowl is still full......this would not happen in many neighborhoods, but all the other kids were very respectful and only took their share). My Mom was super proud when I left because I took my one bag of pretzels and when I was ready to move on to the next house I said "Thank you house".
Hope everyone had as great of a Halloween as I did. It was very magical. I loved spending time with my family and meeting new friends......and getting candy, toy spiders and stickers. I was excellent at saying Trick or Treat, Please and Thank You, I think my Mom and Dad were real proud. I walked very far and was a trooper all the way back to Sharon and Jim's house (at the end I required Dad to hold me, and after a few houses he threw me up in the air to make me laugh, I think he regretted this later as his arms were killing him at the end). I was really surprised that Mom and Baby Reed were able to make it around the neighborhood too, even if they did waddle a lot. Happy Halloween....I can't wait to Trick or Treat next year, who knows maybe we will even bring Baby Reed.

No comments: