Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkin 5k Fun Run

We suited up for the Annual Valley Ranch Pumpkin Dash 5k. Last year Mom and Dad ran it without me, because I wasn't feeling the best. So this year I was excited to go too. We got on all our warm clothes and headed out super early in the morning.

Here we are all dressed up and ready to go.
I was wearing my new Buzz Lightyear jammies that Grammie and Pop Pop got me for my birthday. The wings help me run real fast.
See the green wings.
Showing Daddy how fast he needs to run.
The mist over the water along the race route.
Daddy getting ready for the race. Mom, Reed and I are sitting the run out this year, though we worked real hard cheering Dad on during the race.
Hugs and kisses for good luck.
Showing Daddy special pre-race stretches.
Getting ready for the race to start. I was fascinated with the motorcycle cop.
Ready...set...go.
There goes my Dad.
Daddy ran real fast and in no time he was on his way to the finish line. Go Daddy!!!
Even though Dad was short of breath and thirsty, he came over to see me right after he crossed the finish line.
I surprised him with some banana for a job well done.
A victory banana for me too, it's a lot of work cheering so much.
After race stretches.
Good job stretching Daddy.
Got my cool dude sunglasses like my Dad.
Two cool dudes waiting for the race results. Dad got 4th place in his age group.....good job Dad. Who knows how fast you would have run if you didn't have bronchitis.
It wasn't long into the stroller ride home that the excitement of the race caught up with me and I fell asleep.
Later Pop Pop and Grammie came over and set up a moon bounce right in my backyard....how awesome.
This moon bounce includes lots of sports. Nothing is better than sports and bouncing.

No comments: