Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Double Playdate

Today Dad took me to school, where I got to play and listen to books in circle time. This week we are reading Big Panda,Small Panda. Our vocabulary words for the week are big, small, tiny, thin, fat, skinny, wide and narrow. Mom is not to sure how she is going to teach me concepts like narrow, but I have to love the fact that she tries. This week, on the ride home from school she has been reading me my words and trying to relate them to the things I see out the window. Thankfully, the car ride is only 3-5 minutes.
Today was a surprise though. I was napping at school and I woke up to Mommy rubbing my back and telling me that my friends Bobby and Ben were coming over to play. I quickly woke up and waved goodbye to my classmates. When I got home I waited for Bobby and Ben to come over. I was so excited, though for the duration of the playdate I would act disinterested (I was still a little tired). During the playdate, we played with toys, watched Mickey Mouse (and a short excerpt of Madagascar II, not sure that Mom likes that one), and had snacks. At the end, Bobby and Ben packed up their stuff and headed home. Bobby and I posed for several hug pictures, but Mom had the camera on movie mode. Trust me, they would have been super cute. Imagine the cutest picture of little toddler best friends hugging, multiply it by 100 and that was us. I was sad to see Bobby go, after his car pulled away I yelled "Wait for Riley" and "Wait Bobby..wait". Here's some pictures of Bobby and I hanging out with Rusty.

Caroline was napping at her house and didn't wake up in time to hang out with Bobby and Ben, but by the time she got here I was much more awake. Though, when she came I was still saying, "wait Bobby..wait". Caroline and I watched a little Mickey Mouse, ran around the house playing tag, chased after Rusty (Caroline is so sweet she calls him a kitten, but really Rusty is a big cat. Hey "big" is one of my vocabulary words. Mom will be so impressed.) and colored with sidewalk chalk.
Dad came home from the gym just in time to order food for dinner (yummy Pei Wei, though I ended up with Mickey Chicken nuggets. Maybe next time I will get some Pei Wei Honey seared chicken). Since we talked Ms. Lissa and Caroline into staying for dinner and we were covered in sidewalk chalk, Caroline and I had to take a bath. Having someone in the tub is so much fun. We got to splash and play with cups, buckets and the bathtub letters. Caroline is so funny, she put the letter "O" on like a bracelet. And I'm pretty funny to as I kept dumping buckets of water on my head making everyone laugh.
After bath it was jammies and dinner. Sadly, then Caroline had to leave too. I had a great double playdate and can't wait for my friends to come over again.

No comments: