Saturday, February 21, 2009

Super Saturday Run Day

Today started out with hanging out with Mom. Dad got to sleep in since he was at a concert last night...lucky. Mom let me put on the hat we got at Target last night. Do you think it will look good on me for the Dash Down Greenville Race on St. Pat's Day? Also, is there anything that mardi gras beads don't look good with?
Smiles in my new hat.
Mom's car was a little dirty so we took it to the carwash.
Getting super soapy.
I didn't really like the scrubby brushes hitting the car, but I tolerated it. Mom and Dad were excited to take me to the carwash. Apparently, this is what old people do for entertainment.
All clean and ready to go.
After the car wash, we went shopping at Target. I was a little sleepy and didn't quite make it to the checkout awake. Notice I'm still wearing my super cool Diego sunglasses (I sure do love sunglasses now).
I was still asleep when Dad stopped by the comic store.
After our morning of leprechaun hats, carwashes, shopping and IKEA swedish meatballs we went to run a Mardi Gras 5k in downtown Dallas. The race started at 5:30 and we made it right on time. There was quite a crowd.
It was a little cold, so I wasn't quite sure I would like it. But Mom, Dad and I had a great time racing. Here we are at the start.
Here I am at the finish with my victory banana. I was the first one in my family to cross the finish line. I was exactly one stroller length in front of Dad.
Finish line bananas are the best!!!
Here are Mom, Dad and I at the end of the race. It was cold, but we sure did have a good time. Mom and Dad said their legs were tired and they couldn't wait to go home and rest.....amateurs...my legs felt great.
At the end of the race they gave us Mardi Gras beads. Here is just a small sample of the beads I received. I was telling Batman all about my 5k race. He was very impressed.

No comments: