Sunday, February 15, 2009

Me and J.R.

So today started off pretty normal. Mom, Dad and I sleepily woke up and hung out together eating breakfast and getting ready for the day. Dad went to the gym and Mom and I tried decide what to wear for our Sunday. On the agenda was some shopping for my room and the guest room. We were heading to Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn Kids (affectionately called PBK in our house). Yeah, I love playing with the toys at PBK. Then Mom and I decided on being tourists in our own town and going some place we had never been before........Southfork Ranch. Yep, you got it, it's where they filmed the series Dallas a long long long time ago. Mom knew that Dad would like going there as he use to watch the show when he was younger, especially the reruns when he was in college.

Meet JR. We had a good time visiting his house. It was real nice.

Here is part of the Dallas museum. You can take your picture in from of the bright lights for $10, but a picture of only the bright lights is free.
JR was a big part of the museum tour. Not sure why the world would hate him. He has a nice smile and a cool looking hat.
Dad and I eating at Miss Ellie's Deli. The BBQ sandwiches were huge and yummy. This was my first taste of BBQ and I loved it (though I might have referred to the chopped brisket as meatball). So I guess now that I have BBQ in my system, I'm an official Texan.
Here's Southfork Ranch, though for part of the tour I referred to it as Bobby's house. It doesn't look like my friends Bobby and Ben's house, but the man on the tour said Bobby lived here. (Can you see Dad and I if you look real close by the front door?)
Here I am on JR's balcony. Remember the episode where Kristin fell off the balcony into the pool? I don't, but Dad told me not to stand to close to the edge or I might fall too.
Dad and I hanging by the Ewing's pool.
Mom and I were by the pool too.
The backside of the house as seen from our tram ride.
We got to see some horses and longhorns.
See the longhorns.
And the painted horses.

Mom and I on the tram. It was a little chilly, so thankfully I brought my blanket. (Note, my parents gave me my blankie and binkie thinking I would take my nap, but there was no way I was missing seeing the ranch...silly parents).


Here I am at the end of the tour. I was really hoping to get a hat as they are some of my favorite things to play with now, but Mom and Dad said no. I think it looked pretty good on me though.
Another hat shot.
After having a totally nap time of about 30 minutes today, I was exhausted and fell asleep on my floor after pulling out my toys and books. Notice I did put Elway on the pillow though. You might be able to see his shoes at the far end of the pillow.

No comments: