Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Tai Lung!

Even though the weather is getting better my parents say it is still too muddy to play outside. This morning we went to brunch at Sweet Tomatoes. We had a coupon for mom and dad and I eat for free. What a deal. I brought my movie player and was so excited to watch Lion King, even if I did look a little bored.
I seriously can't wait for it to quit raining.
After brunch we went to Best Buy where we were in search of a new thingamajig for the computer. Then we went next door to the sporting goods store. This is one of my favorite places to go. It was as close to playing outside as I can get. I played a little golf at the front of the store and then proceeded to the camping section followed by the bikes. There are usually a ton of bikes for kids my age, but they only had one left......it's a princess bike, but I'm not bias....any little bike will do. Dad and I rode around and around on it. We even tried out a fancy scooter, though Mom made us stop when Dad tried to get fancy and do some jumps.
Pedal, pedal, pedal.
While Dad mowed the lawn, Mom and I played. We started playing in the house and then we found our way to the sidewalk. Mom and I had a great time playing. Please pretend that we weren't wearing the same clothes as the day before. (Ok, we were really lazy this weekend, but that's a good thing every once in a while).
Drawing with Mom.
What a masterpiece. There's easter eggs, flowers, a butterfly, a bullfrog, a sun and some clouds.
Here is Daddy's work of art. Mom hopes I get her sidewalk chalk skills.
Hmmm. I think I know what I will look like when I'm big.
Mom and Dad played with me during bathtime, but Mom left early to finish working on a surprise. Mom's been wanting to try a recipe for a checkerboard cake for a long time, but was waiting on the right occasion.........Tai Lung's surprise birthday party.
I didn't even know it was Tai Lung's birthday until I got downstairs. Boy were Tai Lung and I surprised.
What a beautiful cake. Apparently Tai Lung is 7 as that is how many candles there are on the cake.
My favorite part of the cake is the strawberry marshmallows.
Tai Lung didn't look too happy about me getting the first piece of cake.
But all in all I think Tai Lung had a pretty special day. What a great weekend. Happy Birthday Tai Lung, thanks for sharing your birthday cake.

No comments: